Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Cake Bites Recipe by Peachy Palate
A no bake double chocolate peanut butter protein cake bite, topped with a chocolate peanut butter fudge all encased in a white chocolate shell and topped with some mini chocolate chips for good measure!
This peanut butter fudge protein cake bites recipe is so incredibly simple to make. The only slightly arduous task is coating them in chocolate which you don’t have to do. You could simply top with some melted chocolate but if I’m making a treat I’m going all out.
Servings: 13 generous bites
– 120g (1/2 cup) peanut butter
– 120g Pulsin whey protein concentrate (rice will work too)
– 100g (1 cup) gluten free oats (almond flour for paleo)
– 80g (1/4 cup) honey or maple for vegan 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 80ml (1/3 cup) water
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
– 30g (2 tbsp) peanut butter
– 2 tbsp (28g) coconut oil
– 2 tbsp (20g) raw cacao powder
– 1 tbsp (20g) honey or maple for vegan
– 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
– Pinch of Pink Himalayan Rock Salt
– 200g white chocolate for coating
– 30g mini dark chocolate chips
1. Blend oats to a flour consistency. Mix wet ingredients.
2. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix with a spoon and then bring the dough together with your hands. Create 13 balls and use your hands to flatten into small disks.
3. Mix together melted coconut oil and cacao powder. Then add the remaining ingredients for the fudge topping.
4. Place 1 tsp of the mixture on top of each of the disks. Place on a baking paper lined tray in the freezer for 30 minutes.
5. Melt white or dark chocolate (macros are for white chocolate version with chocolate chips). Coat each complete disk with white chocolate. Lower into melted chocolate with a fork, spoon over chocolate. Lift with fork and gently tap of excess.
6. Place back on baking paper lined tray. Top each protein bite with 5 mini chocolate chips. Allow to set. Store in a seal tight container at room temperature for 1 week or freeze for up to one month.
I’m Shel but some people call me “Peachy”…I’m the food loving, fitness fanatic, blogger behind Peachy Palate, a website which is now my hub for all the paleo, keto and grain free recipes I create, hoping to inspire people to think outside the box, eating whole foods that truly nourish. Fueled by a desire to improve my own health I love to create sweet and savoury recipes, sharing them with the world ensuring no one need feel deprived regardless of their dietary restrictions or preferences. Living in Wicklow, Ireland, when not dreaming up recipes I’m lifting with the men folk in my local gym, tapped into social media or out on the road delivering, merchandising and being a super duper brand ambassador for a local health food company.
My relationship with food wasn’t always so bright, in fact it wasn’t at all harmonious for quite sometime. Having overcome a decade of eating disorders I’m in the best place I’ve ever been. I’m happy, healthy, confident and I now enjoy every nourishing mouthful, giving my body what it needs. One of my favourite quotes from a sensational foodie … “Nothing is too much trouble if it turns out the way it should.” Julia Child. Life, love and food! www.peachypalate.com