Pea and Mint Soup Recipe by AVOCA
Lacking healthy recipe ideas after all the Christmas festivities? Look no further than the AVOCA Pea and Mint Soup, vibrantly green and full of fresh flavours. Packed full of deliciousness, this is the ultimate feel good soup to get you through the cold evenings.
- 1 x onion peeled and chopped
- 1 x medium potato peeled and chopped
- 50g butter
- 1.2 litres vegetable stock
- 350g petit pois
- 1 x bunch mint, finely chopped
- 300ml milk
- Sweat the onion and potato in the butter over a very low heat for 10 minutes, without colouring.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil, and cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the potato is tender.
- Raise the heat, stir in the peas and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the mint and then immediately purée in a blender, adding the cold milk as you do so.
- Season with salt and pepper, reheat gently and serve.
- Best Served with AVOCA Brown Bread and Irish butter, a dollop of crème fraiche and chopped mint to finish. Enjoy!
AVOCA comprises 13 stores and is famed for their award-winning cafes, luxury homewares, fashion, accessories and gifting ranges. Established in 1732 as a handweaving company, AVOCA continues today to produce quality wool products from the original site at AVOCA, Co. Wicklow. AVOCA stocks a wide range of Irish and international fashion brands.