Greet salad season with gusto. Delectable chunks of Panko Coated Goats Cheese combined with the earthiness of Beetroot is a truly satisfying combination. Enjoy!
- 1 egg, beaten
- 40g panko breadcrumbs
- 150g log of goats cheese, sliced into 8 pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cooked beetroot (vacuum packed), cut into wedges
- 100g pecans
- Rocket leaves
- A few sprigs of thyme garnish (optional)
- 50ml extra virgin oil
- 20ml apple cider vinegar
- 15ml honey
- A few sprigs of thyme, leaves removed
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients together.
- Tip the egg and breadcrumbs into separate shallow dishes. Dip the cheese into the egg, then roll in the breadcrumbs. Shake off any excess. Repeat so that they are completely coated.
- Heat the olive oil in a non stick frying pan. Add the goats cheese and fry until golden on each side.
- Place the rocket, beetroot and pecans onto your serving platter.
- Top with the cheese.
- Drizzle over the dressing, garnish with some thyme sprigs and serve.
Ciara’s Kitchen Cookery School in Delgany, Co Wicklow has had to change the way they operate in recent times. With social distancing restricting the reopening of Ciara’s Kitchen, Ciara has had to find a way to adapt and a new way to operate.
For the last 10 years Ciara has held cooking demonstrations a number of times per week from her kitchen, holding up to 15 people at a time who gather around her long kitchen island and watch as she prepares up to 8 dishes which they eat as they are ready. Its great craic and as much a social gathering as it is a cookery lesson.
After receiving lots of enquiries about giving her classes online she ‘bit the bullet’ and has been running them for almost a month now using the ‘zoom’ meeting room online platform which is proving very successful.
She demonstrates three dishes with the recipes sent in advance for people to cook along if they so wish. She also sends what equipment will be required and also what needs to be chopped and prepared beforehand. There is no pressure to cook along. Some people prefer to just watch and learn.
It is still very interactive with her husband Ronan managing the chatroom and then Ciara jumps on afterwards for a further Q&A.
There are plenty of these online cooking demos coming up:
Saturday 13th June 4pm – Thai
Saturday 20th June 4pm – BBQ
Wednesday 24th June 7pm – Quick Family Friendly Pasta Dishes
Saturday 27th June 4pm – Summer Entertaining
Wednesday 1st July 7pm – Family Dinners
Saturday 4th July 11am – Cook-a-Long for Parents & Kids (Healthy-ish!)
€20 per screen. For more information simply contact Ciara on 0863848148