This creamy Orzo Pasta Recipe By Chef Anthony Duggan at Druids Glen Hotel and Golf Resort, has all the elements of comfort food at its best. Perfectly cooked orzo pasta, with great flavours in a creamy sauce, served with a meaty Italian sausage. Nothing better than to enjoy great food, in a cold evening with friends and family.
serves 2 people
– 100g orzo pasta
– 100g Italian sausage
– 80g artichoke heart sliced
– 1 small shallot finely diced
– 5g sliced garlic
– 80ml chicken stock
– 50ml white wine
– 30grm grated parmesan or pecorino
– Chopped chives
– Olive oil
– 20 ml cream
1. In a thick bottomed sauté pan, add the olive oil and heat up.
2. Add the shallots and garlic and cook until slightly coloured.
3. Add the chopped Italian sausage and artichoke and sweat for 1 minute.
4. Add the orzo pasta and cook for one minute.
5. Add the white wine and allow to reduce by ¾ (continually stirring to prevent sticking).
6. Add the stock and like a risotto allow the pasta to cook out ensuring it does not stick.
7. The pasta should cook out within 6 -7 minutes then add the cream and cheese stir in and adjust the seasoning to taste.
8. Finally add the chopped chives and serve.
Anthony Duggan has been Executive Head Chef at Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort since April 2017. Anthony has 30 years’ experience in the hospitality industry, starting off in 1988 in Kelly’s Hotel where he began his apprenticeship at just 16 years old. He has worked in many 5-star establishments including Adare Manor, Mount Juliet and The Shelbourne Hotel. In his role, Anthony places a huge emphasis on mentoring young chefs and helping them develop their skills to become successful.