Orange Cheesecake Recipe with Glazed Figs by Chef Stuart Heeney from Clontarf Castle
This Delicious Orange Cheesecake Recipe with Glazed Figs is by Executive Chef Stuart Heeney from Clontarf Castle. A perfect dessert to impress your friends.
– 650g cream cheese
– 200g caster sugar
– 540 ml cream
– Zest of 1 orange
– 1 small drop of Orange oil
– 150g digestive biscuits
– 100g melted butter
– 1 tspns ground ginger
– 1 orange
– 50g icing sugar
1. Whisk the cream cheese and sugar together until it is smooth, add the orange zest and oil to the cream and then add to the cheese mix.
2. Then whip until it has thickened and become creamy do not over whip, as the cheese will curdle.
1. Blitz the biscuits and the ground ginger together in a food processer and then place in a bowl add the melt butter and mix well keep in a cool dry place.
1. Peel the skin from the orange carefully in long strips ensuring to take off just the skin and then slice thinly into strips, place in a small pot and add the sugar and the juice from the orange and cook on a low heat until it forms a syrup and the zest is soft.
1. As this is a deconstructed cheesecake, there is no need for tins or gelatine and you are guaranteed that the biscuit will not be wet and soggy.
2. Neatly place some biscuit base in a line on a nice plate, put a spoon in some hot water and scoop some nice shapes from the cheesecake mix.
3. Put some of the candied orange and the syrup around the plate and neatly place some fresh blackberries and figs around the dish.
Stuart Heeney is a Dublin native and started his culinary career in the Michelin Star, Chapter One where he trained under Ross Lewis. He studied at the School of Hospitality Management and Tourism, Cathal Brugha Street, which has been synonymous with the hospitality and catering industry in Ireland since 1941.
Stuarts food philosophy is simple, local produce and sourcing lies at the heart of the menus, simple ingredients cooked with flair and imagination presented with finesse.