Nutella and Strawberry Cupcakes Recipe by Karyn Ryan
This delicious strawberry cupcakes recipe with its hidden centre of Nutella and strawberry fresh whipped cream will be a yummy addition to any afternoon tea.
– 40g cocoa powder
– 3 eggs
– 4tbsp hot water
– 175g unsalted butter
– 165g caster sugar
– 120g self-raising four
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 500ml fresh cream
– 1 tub of fresh strawberries
– 150g of chocolate for melting
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC and line a cupcake tin with liners and set aside.
2. Sift the cocoa powder into a bowl and add the boiling water.
3. Mix until it forms a thick paste.
4. Add the flour, baking powder, butter, sugar and eggs to the mix.
5. Mix until combined.
6. Half fill the liners with the batter, add a heaped teaspoon of Nutella to each cupcake and top with the remaining batter.
7. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until a cocktail stick comes out clean.
8. Allow to cool completely on a rack.
Make the frosting
1. Melt the chocolate and dip 12 strawberries, cover in sprinkles and leave to harden
2. Chop six strawberries up small.
3. Whip the fresh cream to a stiff peak & fold in the chopped strawberries.
4. Pipe a swirl of cream on each cupcake and top with a coated strawberry
Hi I’m Karyn. I’m a mum, blogger and lover of everything to do with baking. I try to come up with easy recipes that everyone can bake. I’ve won a few baking awards and even appeared on TV! I’m mostly found in my kitchen surrounded by flour and baking books. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you will join in on some of my Baking Adventures.