No Bake Crunchy Oatbars Recipe by Siúcra X Lili Forberg
Let’s get the kids into the kitchen and whip up some easy yummy goodies that all the family will enjoy as an afternoon treat thanks to Siúcra and Lili Forberg.
These No Bake Oat Bars use Siúcra Light Golden-Brown Sugar which gives a sweet and rich flavour and can be customised with your favourite type of chocolate.
These bars are the perfect pick me up with a cup of tea!
- 150 g butter
- 100 g or 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 100 g or 1/2 cup Siúcra Light Golden-Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 230 g or 2 1/2 cups oats
Crunchy Chocolate layer:
- 180 g or 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 20 g or 1/2 cup crisp rice cereal
- Melt the butter, peanut butter, Siúcra Light Golden-Brown Sugar and vanilla extract together in a pot.
- Stir in the oats and heat for around five minutes stirring regularly.
- Press 1/2 the oat mix into a lined 9″ square baking tray.
- Melt the chocolate chips and mix the crisp rice cereal through the chocolate.
- Spread the chocolate mix onto the oat mix.
- Press the remaining oat mix on top of the chocolate layer.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Drizzle some melted chocolate on top.
- Let the mix come back to room temperature and cut into squares with a hot knife.
- Store in an airtight container.