Watch: Neven Maguire’s Baked Corn Fed Eggs Recipe with Tomatoes & Vintage Irish Cheddar for Simply Better
Neven Maguire created this Baked Corn Fed Eggs Recipe with Tomatoes & Vintage Irish Cheddar using Free Range Corn Fed Large Eggs and 30 Month Matured Vintage Irish Cheddar from the Simply Better range, sourced exclusively for Dunnes Stores.
The recipe features in the first ever edition of the Simply Better COOK with Neven Maguire Magazine, which is bursting with a range of Neven’s favourite summer recipes that take advantage of the best ingredients from the award winning Simply Better collection.
Pick up a free copy at your nearest Dunnes Stores to check out the full range of recipes and share your recreations using the hashtag #COOKwithNeven.
– 4 Simply Better Free Range Corn Fed Large Eggs
– 25g Simply Better 30 Month Matured Vintage Irish Cheddar
– 2 ripe vine tomatoes, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
– 4 tbsp fresh cream
– 1 tsp snipped fresh chives
– Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
– Butter, for greasing
– Griddled sourdough bread, sliced into chunky fingers, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F / Gas Mark 5).
2. Butter 4 blini pans or ramekins and scatter the tomatoes in the bottom. Crack an egg into each blini pan and season with salt, then add 1 tablespoon of cream to each one and scatter the Vintage Cheddar on top.
3. Arrange the blini pans in a shallow roasting tin and pour in enough boiling water to come about halfway up the side of each pan. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, until the eggs are set and the cheese is bubbling. Set each blini pan on a plate and scatter over the chives, then add the chunky bread fingers to serve.