Neven Maguire’s Italian Beef Ragu Recipe for Simply Better
Neven Maguire created this Italian Beef Ragu Recipe with Irish Beef Steak Mince and Italian Tomato & Sweet Garlic Pasta Sauce, and other ingredients from the Simply Better Italian Collection, sourced exclusively for Dunnes Stores.
The recipe features in the third edition of the Simply Better COOK with Neven Maguire Magazine, which contains a range of Neven’s favourite Italian recipes using a selection of products from the Simply Better Italian Collection.
Pick up a free copy at your nearest Dunnes Stores to check out the full range of recipes and share your recreations using the hashtag #COOKwithNeven.
– 2 Packs Simply Better Irish Beef Steak Mince
– 2 Jars Simply Better Italian Tomato & Sweet Garlic Pasta Sauce
– 2 Tsp Simply Better Organic Garlic & Herb Seasoning
– Simply Better Sicilian DOP Val di Mazara Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– 1 Onion, diced
1. Add a splash of the extra virgin olive oil to a saucepan and sweat the onions over a low heat for 10 minutes.
2. Add both packs of the beef steak mince and 2 teaspoons of the the garlic & herb seasoning, sauté on medium until browned, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon.
3. Pour in both jars of Italian tomato & sweet garlic pasta sauce, bring to the boil and reduce heat to its lowest setting and simmer for 1 – 2 hours, stirring regularly. Check seasoning and adjust as necessary.