Mustard and orange are a great combination and work really well with pork. The marinade is delicious heated up and served with the chops.
Time: 20 minutes
- 4 pork loin or gigot chops, well-trimmed
- 2 tablesp. dark soy sauce
- 2 tablesp. Dijon mustard
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- Zest and juice of ½ medium orange
- 50ml honey
- 1 teasp. fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- A little salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To serve: Glazed carrots and creamy mashed potatoes
- Place the pork chops in a large dish. Whisk together the soy, mustard, lemon and orange zest and juice, honey, thyme, garlic and seasoning. Pour the mixture over the chops. Make sure the chops are well coated in the marinade and leave in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours if possible.
- Allow the chops to return to room temperature. Heat the grill to high and line the grill pan with foil. Lift the chops from the marinade and place them on the grill pan. Reserve the marinade. Grill for 5 minutes, turn the chops. Cook for a further 4-5 minutes, depending the thickness of the chops, until golden.
- Pour the remaining marinade into a small saucepan and carefully bring to a boil. Gently simmer for a minute or two.
- To serve: Serve the chops with the sauce spooned over, creamy mashed potatoes and glazed carrots.
Nutritional Analysis per serving:
Fat: 32g (12.2g saturated)