Pan Fried Mushrooms with Baked Eggs Recipe by Marcus Wareing
You can enjoy this baked eggs recipe any time of the day, from breakfast right through to late at night. Use any mushrooms you wish – a selection is great – and serve with some good crusty bread to wipe up the juices.
– 1 tbsp vegetable oil
– 300g mushrooms, cut to similar sizes
– 15g butter
– 1 sprig of tarragon, leaves chopped, plus extra to serve
– Splash of sherry vinegar
– 1 tbsp cream cheese or mascarpone
– 4 eggs
– Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
2. Put a medium-large frying pan over high heat. Add the oil and when hot fry the mushrooms until they are golden. Season with salt and black pepper.
3. Add the butter and toss the mushrooms around in the pan for a few moments, then stir through the tarragon, vinegar and cheese. Cook for a couple of minutes, then crack the eggs on top of the mushrooms, season again and place under the grill. Cook for 3–4 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
4. Serve straight away with the extra tarragon sprinkled over.
Marcus Wareing is one of the most respected and acclaimed chefs in Britain today. Owning three restaurants, two being two Michelin-starred Marcus has a long list of awards, including Restaurateur of the Year and Young Chef of the Year. Marcus is also a judge on of MasterChef: The Professionals, where he can showcase his tips and tricks to contestants and viewers. Marcus at Home focuses on great flavours and his recipes will become favorites in you home. It contains food you can make in a rush or when you want to create a showstopping meal.