Bacon and Mushroom Fried Rice with Poached Eggs Recipe from Bord Bia
A substantial and tasty bacon and mushroom fried rice with poached eggs recipe that takes very little effort.
– 4 large eggs
– 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
– 100g bacon lardons, diced streaky rashers or sliced cooked ham
– 1 bunch scallions, cleaned and chopped
– 100g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
– 1 chilli, deseeded and chopped
– 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
– 2cm piece of ginger, peeled and grated
– 200g basmati rice, cooked
– 2 tbsp soy sauce
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
– 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1. Heat a tablespoon rapeseed oil in a large non-stick frying pan. 2. Add the bacon and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add half the scallions, the mushrooms, chilli, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 3-4 minutes.
3. Add in the rice, remaining scallions and soy sauce. Cook until heated through stirring all the time. Taste and season with a little salt and black pepper.
To poach the eggs:
1. Bring a large pan of water the boil. Reduce to a gentle simmer and add the white wine vinegar and a little salt.
2. Break two of the eggs into the water and simmer for 3-4 minutes until just cooked but still soft on the inside.Remove with a slotted spoon and drain well on kitchen paper.
3. Repeat with the other two eggs.
Divide the fried rice between four serving bowls. Top each bowl of rice with a poached egg.
As part of this ‘Eggcellent’ campaign, Bord Bia have produced a suite of new recipes that are really versatile, simple and packed with protein – perfect for your standard cook or fitness fanatic who needs protein rich food, and fast!
In order to ‘Get yourself a 6-pack’ with Bord Bia Quality Assured eggs check out some of the new egg recipes for inspiration on www.bordbia.ie/eggs.