Mini Hot Chocolate Treats Recipe by Siúcra & Catherine Fulvio
With the cold weather here to stay, it is the perfect time to indulge in a decadent cup of our Mini Hot Chocolate Treats Recipe by Siúcra & Catherine Fulvio.
This wintertime staple is quick and easy to recreate at home, and is sure to be a winner and put a smile on the faces of your friends and family!
Makes 400ml (4 mini bottles)
Candy cane biscuits
– 200g plain flour
– 100g Siúcra Light Golden Sugar
– 80g chilled butter
– ½ tsp vanilla extract
– 2 to 3 tbsp water
– Royal icing, for decorating (optional)
– 400ml milk
– 2 tbsp. Siúcra Rich Brown Sugar
– 80g chocolate drops
– 100ml cream
– 2 tbsp. Siúcra Icing sugar
– 4 straws
– A small snowman cutter
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Line a baking tray with parchment.
2. To prepare the biscuits, place the flour and sugar into a bowl, rub in the chilled butter until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the vanilla extract and enough water to form a stiff dough. Wrap in plastic wrap and leave in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
3. Roll out on a floured surface and using a small snowman cutter, shape the biscuits and transfer to the pre-lined tray.
4. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes depending on the size.
5. Leave on the tray to cool before transferring to a cooling rack before decorating.
6. If you want to decorate the snowmen, make the royal icing according to the instructions on the packaging. Spoon into a piping bag with a thin nozzle and decorate the snowmen. Leave to dry and store in a sealed container.
7. To make the hot chocolate, add the milk and add sugar and chocolate drops to a saucepan and warm up over a medium heat, stirring most of the time until both the sugar and chocolate are melted.
8. Pour the hot chocolate into a jug and pour into the bottles or glasses.
9. Whisk the cream until firm peaks add the icing sugar. Spoon into a piping bag without a nozzle and pipe on top of the hot chocolate or spoon the cream over the top. Insert a straw and dust with Siúcra icing sugar and add a snowman on top.
Catherine Fulvio the award-winning cookbook author has developed a series of sweet and savoury mini recipes exclusively for Siúcra, to showcase the functionality and breadth of the product range as well as demonstrating how fun, quick and easy it is to make delicious dishes from scratch, regardless of ability.