Mini Baked Alaska Recipe by Siúcra & Catherine Fulvio
Look no further than this show-stopping mini baked alaska recipe designed by Siúcra and celebrity chef Catherine Fulvio which isn’t as complicated as you may think, making it the perfect dessert to end a dinner party.
Makes approx. 24
– 120g Siúcra Caster Sugar
– 3 eggs
– 150g plain flour
– 50g butter, melted
– 2 limes, zest only
– 100g strawberries, roughly chopped
– 100g blueberries
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 160g Siúcra Golden Granulated Sugar
– 300g Siúcra Caster Sugar
– 5 egg whites
– 1 x 500g firm block vanilla ice-cream
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas. Line a 20cm x 20cm square tin with parchment paper.
2. Place the Siúcra Caster Sugar and eggs in a mixer and whisk until pale and fluffy.
3. Fold in the flour, melted butter and lime zest.
4. Pour into the baking tin and bake for 16 to 18 minutes, or until risen and springy to the touch. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
1. Add the berries into a medium saucepan, pour over the vanilla and add Siúcra’s Granulated Sugar.
2. Slowly heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until the berries are just cooked.
3. Leave to cool completely.
4. When you are ready to serve, preheat the oven to 240C/fan 220C/ gas 6.
1. Whisk the egg whites in a large clean bowl, using a mixer, add Siúcra’s Caster Sugar a spoonful at a time until stiff glossy peaks form.
2. Cut small circles of sponge cake out using a cutter.
3. Place onto a baking tray, spoon compote onto the cake base and shape the ice cream to fit on the sponge cake.
4. Spread half of the meringue mixture over the ice cream and sponge base with a spatula, ensuring there are no gaps. Spoon the remaining meringue into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and pipe small rosettes over the meringue.
5. Bake in the oven for about 2 to 3 minutes until golden and keep an eye on them.
6. If you have a blow torch, then slowly brown the meringue on the outside. Serve at once & enjoy!
Catherine Fulvio the award-winning cookbook author has developed a series of sweet and savoury mini recipes exclusively for Siúcra, to showcase the functionality and breadth of the product range as well as demonstrating how fun, quick and easy it is to make delicious dishes from scratch, regardless of ability.