Meltin’ mustardy beef Recipe by Jamie Oliver
This Meltin’ mustardy beef recipe is from Jamie Oliver’s newest cookbook, 5 ingredients – Quick & Easy Food.
Total: 8 minutes prep, 4 hours cook
– 900g shin of beef, bone out (ask your butcher for the bone)
– 500g carrots
– 2 onions
– 120ml Worcestershire sauce
– 2 heaped teaspoons wholegrain mustard
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/gas 3. Place a large shallow casserole pan on a high heat, with a large non-stick frying pan on a high heat alongside. Dice the beef into 5cm chunks and toss with a generous amount of black pepper and a pinch of sea salt, then dry fry in the hot frying pan with the bone for 8 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, wash and trim the carrots, chop into 5cm chunks, and place in the casserole pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Peel and quarter the onions and break apart into petals, straight into the pan, stirring regularly. When the meat is nicely coloured, tip it into the casserole pan, then stir in the Worcestershire sauce and mustard, and cover with 800ml of boiling kettle water.
3. Cover, then cook in the oven for 4 hours, or until the beef is meltingly tender. Loosen with a splash of water, if needed. Taste, season to perfection, and serve.
Jamie’s 5 Ingredients – Quick & Easy Food is the brand new cookbook from Jamie Oliver. Cooking doesn’t have to be complicated – that’s why Jamie’s 5 Ingredients – Quick & Easy Food is sure to become your new best friend in the kitchen.
It’s all about making the journey to good food, super-simple. Every recipe uses just five key ingredients, ensuring you can get a plate of food together fast, whether it’s finished and on the table super-quickly, or after minimal hands-on prep, you’ve let the oven do the hard work for you. We’re talking quality over quantity, a little diligence on the cooking front, and in return massive flavour.
Buy your copy at: https://www.penguin.co.uk/books/305734/5-ingredients-quick-easy-food/
5 Ingredients — Quick & Easy Food by Jamie Oliver is published by Penguin Random House. Recipe © Jamie Oliver Enterprises Limited, Photography
© Jamie Oliver Enterprises Limited, by David Loftus (2017 5 Ingredients — Quick & Easy Food).