Mars Bar Brownie Recipe by Karyn Ryan
A chocolate brownie is a delicious treat at any time, but when it has the addition of Mars bars, it becomes extra scrumptious! This is a really fast and easy bake, great one to do with the kids at the weekend.
– 125g milk or dark chocolate
– 175g butter or margarine
– 3 large eggs
– 275g light brown sugar
– 75g plain flour
– 1 level teaspoon baking powder
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 2 Mars bars chopped
– 2 Mars bars for melting
1. Preheat the oven to 180c. Spray a 9×5″ pan with non-stick baking spray or line it with baking paper.
2. Melt the butter and chocolate by breaking the chocolate into squares, and place it with the butter in a bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water.
3. Stir gently until it has melted, then remove from the heat.
4. Whisk the eggs and sugar lightly together. Pour the egg mixture and all the other ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, chopped up mars bars) into the melted chocolate mixture.
5. Pour the mixture into a lightly greased tin and bake in the centre of the oven for 25-30 minutes until springy in the middle.
6. Melt two Mars bars in a bowl over a pot of simmering water until completely melted.
7. Let the cake go completely cold in the tin before drizzling the melted Mars bars over the top.
8. Cut into squares and try to leave some for the kids!
Hi I’m Karyn Ryan, Mum to four & totally addicted to baking, absolutely passionate about getting kids into the kitchen to bake, my inspiration comes from my kids who always come up with mad ideas for Cakes & Cookies! I have been known on numerous occasions to bake a cake for dinner! I was very lucky to win two awards in the Easy Food Magazine Home Cook Hero Awards in 2011 & 2012 for baking.