Marinated Feta Recipe from ProperFood.ie
As time goes, I find myself eating less meat. This means I look for other ways to add proteins to my diet. Marinated feta is a simple solution to this problem. You can make a couple of blocks at a time and this will keep for up to a week if you store it in its marinade in an air tight container. The distinctive sharpness and saltiness of this marinated feta is a welcome addition to any salad. It is delicious simply scooped up with a warm pita bread.
– 1 block of feta
– 1 shallot or 1/2 a red onion
– 1 teaspoon of chopped chili (or as much or little as you like really)
– 1 lime
– 1 bunch of parsley or dill
– Good quality extra virgin olive oil
1. Cut the feta in small chunks.
2. Zest and juice the lime.
3. Mix the feta chunks with the onion, chili, lime zest and chopped parsley.
4. Drizzle with the lime juice and cover about half way with olive oil.
5. Let it marinade for a few hours and mix the feta cheese every now and again so that all sides are covered.
Katia Valadeau is the creator of Proper Food, a blog that features recipes that are simple, practical and delicious.
Originally from Paris, Katia now lives in Dublin and loves cooking with fresh, seasonal and locally sourced products.
For more information and to discover exciting recipes from around the world please visit properfood.ie.