Mediterranean Margarita Cocktail Recipe from Le Plancha
As summer gets closer, the time for refreshing, crisp cocktails has arrived and, what cocktail can evoke sunny times better than a Margarita? We love this Mediterranean Margarita cocktail recipe by Le Plancha, a modern and family run restaurant in Monkstown, specialising in Portuguese, Spanish and French flavours.
– 1 part Tequila
– ½ part Triple Sec liqueur
– ½ part lime juice
– 1 lime wedge
1. Chill your glass (the easiest way is to fill it with ice).
2. Put lots of ice and all of the ingredients into a shaker, then shake hard for about 30 seconds to chill the liquid really well.
3. Run a lime wedge around the outside of the rim of your glass before rolling the rim in salt.
4. Double strain the mix into the glass.
Le Plancha is a cosy neighbourhood bistro serving a Portugese, Spanish and French inspired dishes at reasonable prices. Opened in 2011 by husband and wife duo Andrew Lawlor and Eimear Brannelly, Le Plancha is located in the picturesque seaside village of Monkstown, taking pride of place in the Crescent.
Eimear and Andrew followed their mutual passion for food opening Le Plancha together having been inspired by their shared dining experiences around the world. With Andrew as Head Chef and Eimear at front of house as manager, there is a personal touch and warmth to the experience.
More infromation and bookings leplancha.ie