Mango and Passionfruit Mousse Tartlets Recipe by Siúcra and Catherine Fulvio
Get exotic with this mini tartlets recipe! A creamy filling is flavoured with sweet and tangy tropical fruits and encased in a crunchy pastry base to make this perfect summer dessert. For added convenience, the pastry bases can be made ahead of time.
Makes 8 tartlets
– 200g plain white flour
– ¼ tsp salt
– 100g butter
– 2 tbsp Siúcra Icing Sugar
– 1 egg yolk
– 2 to 3 tbsp cold water
– 2 ripe mangoes, pureed
– 3 passion fruit, juice only (sieve pulp)
– 100g Siúcra Caster Sugar
– 2 eggs
– ½ lemon, zest only
– 200ml cream
– 2 passion fruit, pulp
– Sweet geranium leaves or mint leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C /170°C /gas 5.
2. Sieve the flour and salt into a bowl.
3. Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
4. Mix in the Siúcra Icing Sugar. Add the egg yolk and a little water to the flour mixture. Bind together, adding a more water if needed. If the dough is too sticky then add a little flour.
5. Shape the dough into a ball, flatten slightly and wrap in cling film. Leave in the fridge to rest for at least 1 hour.
6. Brush the tartlet tins or tray with melted butter and dust with flour. Shake the excess out.
7. Flour a clean surface and roll out pastry until 3-5mm thick.
8. Use a cutter to shape and then line the tartlet tray with pastry into the base and up the sides.
9. Line each tartlet case with parchment paper and fill with some baking beans.
10. Bake for 8 – 10 minutes.
11. Remove the baking beans and lining.
12. Brush with egg wash and return to oven for a further 3 to 4 minutes.
13. Combine the mango puree and passion fruit together and whisk in the Siúcra Caster Sugar together with the eggs over a bain marie until light and fluffy.
14. Stir in the lemon zest. Leave to cool.
15. Whip the cream and fold it into the mango puree and passion fruit mixture. Leave in the fridge for about 20 minutes to firm up.
16. Spoon the mix into the cold tartlet cases.
17. To decorate, place about ½ tsp of passion fruit onto each tartlet and a sweet geranium or mint leaf on each.
Catherine Fulvio the award-winning cookbook author has developed a series of sweet and savoury mini recipes exclusively for Siúcra, to showcase the functionality and breadth of the product range as well as demonstrating how fun, quick and easy it is to make delicious dishes from scratch, regardless of ability.