Lemongrass & Blueberry Bundt Cake Recipe by Karyn Ryan
Brighten up an summer day with this delicious Lemongrass & Blueberry Bundt Cake. Deliciously light, the addition of lemongrass takes it to another level. It’s finished off with a chocolate drizzle, definitely a slice of lemon heaven.
– 175g soft butter
– 175g caster sugar
– 3 large eggs
– 175g self-rising flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 50g (2oz) desiccated coconut
– 3 stems lemon grass
– Grated lemon zest
– 2 tbsp lemon juice
– 100g blueberries
– 80ml Greek yogurt
– 150g white/milk chocolate melted for drizzling
– Yellow candy coloring
– Crushed meringue pieces (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Grease a bundt tin with melted butter and flour, or use (8 inch) round cake tin.
3. Slice the lemongrass stalks quite thinly into rounds, about 3mm thick, then place in a food processor with the caster sugar and whiz for 1–2 minutes or until the lemongrass is finely puréed and very aromatic.
4. Using a hand-held electric mixer, beat the butter and lemongrass sugar together for 5 mins, or until light and creamy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, whisking well between each addition. Stir in the yogurt.
5. Lightly fold in the flour and baking powder using a large metal spoon. Add the coconut and lemon zest, lemon juice and gently fold in the blueberries.
6. Spoon the mixture into the cake tin, levelling the surface. Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 45 mins, or until the cake is risen and golden. When pierced with a fine skewer it should come out clean.
7. Cool the cake for 10 mins, then gently turn it out onto a wire rack and let cool completely.
8. Melt the milk chocolate and spoon into icing bag.
9. Melt the white chocolate and colour half yellow, spoon into icing bags.
10. Snip the ends of the bags & drizzle chocolate over cake.
11. Decorate with blueberries and some crushed meringue.
Hi I’m Karyn. I’m a mum, blogger and lover of everything to do with baking. I try to come up with easy recipes that everyone can bake. I’ve won a few baking awards and even appeared on TV! I’m mostly found in my kitchen surrounded by flour and baking books. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you will join in on some of my Baking Adventures.