Lemon curd is the perfect addition to any dessert, cake, treat or even toast! It’s sunshine in a jar and it’s delish. Give the recipe a go and I promise it’ll become a summertime staple.
– 2 small – medium lemons
– 90g caster sugar
– 90g butter
– 4 free range egg yolks
– pinch of salt
1. Separate the eggs and whisk the egg yolks in a bowl.
2. Zest the lemons.
3. Put the salt, sugar, butter, zest and juice of the lemons into a heavy bottomed saucepan and stir over a medium heat until the butter and sugar have melted and combined. Then remove the saucepan from the heat.
4. Add the beaten egg yolks to the saucepan and whisk. Pop back onto a low-medium heat. The mixture will start to thicken. When it begins to bubble take it off the heat.
5. Pass the lemon curd through a sieve into a bowl. Cover with cling film (make sure the cling film is in direct contact with the curd to prevent it from forming a skin) and pop into the fridge for at least an hour.
6. When the curd has cooled and you are ready to use it, give it a good mix to break it up and then use in or on anything you like; cake, scones, biscuits, toast, whatever. Yum!
Eva Lawes grew up baking; biscuits, brownies, pies, cakes, you name it. As life went on, Eva experienced dark days, but found she could bake herself happy and by sharing the things she baked she made other people happy too! It was the opposite of a vicious circle, it was a Delicious Circle.
Eva began baking as Delicious Circle in 2015, creating custom cakes using fresh flowers, fruits, nuts to make tasty treats that look as good on the outside as they taste on the inside. In 2016 she became the first baker to have her recipes featured on Food Bites on the RTE Player. www.deliciouscircle.ieDelicious Circle EveyFace Delicious Circle