Recreate Siúcra’s perfect Lemon Crepes Recipe. Topped with a delicious honey butter. So light and soft they will melt in your mouth.
For the Lemon Crepes Recipe:
- 180ml milk
- 120ml water
- tbsp Siúcra Brown Sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- large eggs
- 120g plain flour
- 20g butter, melted, plus extra for cooking
For the honey butter:
- 115g unsalted butter, softened
- 55g honey
- 2 tsp Siúcra Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Lemon curd
- Siúcra Icing Sugar
- Place all of the pancake ingredients in a blender and whizz until smooth. Transfer to a jug and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Beat together all of the ingredients for the honey butter until smooth.
- Heat a 20cm non-stick pan over a medium-high heat and swirl around a bit of butter until it starts to foam.
- Add a ladleful of the batter, swirling it around so that it covers the bottom of the pan in a thin, even layer. Cook for 1-2 minutes until bubbles form in the centre, then flip it over and cook for 30 seconds more. Transfer to a plate and keep warm while you repeat with the rest of the batter.
- To serve, place the pancakes on serving plates, spread with a thin layer of lemon curd and fold into triangles. Place your warmest pancake on top and add a dollop of the honey butter. Finish with a dusting of icing sugar.
Visit nordzuckerireland.ie for more recipes, inspiration and top tips for cooking and baking.