Created by Head Chef Deniss Lasenko at Suesey Street, this Wrapped Monkfish recipe uses ingredients from the award-winning producers at the Irish Food Writers’ Guild Awards – in this recipe, it’s Velvet Cloud‘s Sheep’s Milk. Using shortbread and mango ginger gel on top of this luscious lemon cheese cream, this dessert is the perfect way to finish off a delicious Easter meal.
Lemon Cheese Cream
- 75g icing sugar
- 150g Ballylisk Triple Rose
- 130g cream cheese
- 60ml lemon juice
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
½ vanilla pod
- 2 gelatine sheets
- 150g double cream
- 80g white chocolate
Lemon Cheese Cream Method:
- Combine icing sugar, Ballylisk Triple Rose, cream cheese, lemon zest and juice in a bowl.
- Bloom the gelatine sheets in cold water for 5-10 minutes.
- Bring cream to the boil and pour it over chocolate. Add gelatine while it is still warm and mix.
- Add cheese mixture, stir well and pour into 4 moulds.
- 200g gluten free flour
- 10g bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp mixed spices
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 140g eggs – approx 3 medium eggs
- 200g caster sugar
- 140g sunflower oil
- 200g cranberries, blitzed into smaller pieces
- 400g finely grated carrots
- 120ml lemon juice
- 100ml dark rum
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
Carrot Base Method:
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Oil and line a 23 x 23cm square tin with baking parchment.
- Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda and spices into a bowl.
- Place eggs and sugar in a stand mixer bowl. Mix on high speed until pale.
- Add oil and mix at a slower speed until combined. Add cranberries, carrots, lemon juice, rum and vanilla.
- Finish by folding in dry ingredients.
- Spread into tin and bake for 12 minutes.
Mango Ginger Gel
- 20g sugar
- 2g agar agar
- 200g mango purée
- 20g lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated on microplane
Mango Ginger Gel Method:
- Combine sugar with agar agar in a small saucepan, add in mango pureé and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil while constantly stirring. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Pour on a tray, cool down completely and blitz.
- 150g gluten free flour
- 100g butter
- 50g sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Shortbread Crumble Method:
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Butter and line a baking tin with baking parchment.
- Add all ingredients to a stand mixer bowl and beat until combined. Spread on baking tin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
Velvet Cloud Sheep’s Milk Granita
- 300ml Velvet Cloud Sheep’s Milk Yogurt
- 100g icing sugar
- 50ml lime juice
- 1 tsp honey
Velvet Cloud Sheep’s Milk Granita Method:
- Whisk all ingredients together. Spread on a tray and put in the freezer.
- Every 10-15 minutes, take out of the freezer and use a spoon to scrape it into small shards.
Cut carrot base into desired shape. Top with lemon cheese cream, granita, shortbread crumble and mango ginger gel.
Lemon Cheese Cream Recipe with Velvet Cloud Sheep’s Milk Granita – IFWG Awards Dishes