Lamb Tagliata Recipe From #TastyEasyLamb
Nothing beats the unique and delicious flavour of lamb. Whether it’s cooked with just a little seasoning or combined with exotic spices and flavours, lamb is the perfect hero ingredient for everyday meal occasions, whether you’re flying solo or cooking for family or friends.
Lamb is also a quick and simple meat to prepare which can be easily transformed for a variety of ethnic cuisines. From Moroccan lamb tagines to spicy quesadillas from Mexico; Ceylon lamb curry from Sri Lanka to Japanese style lamb yakitori, and not least forgetting delicious lamb burgers and kebabs perfect for al fresco dining over the summer – there is something to suit all tastes and every meal occasion.
This Lamb Tagliata recipe is the perfect quick but delicious Italian style dinner – add a nice glass of red and that’s your evening sorted! Give your everyday meals an exciting twist and check out www.tastyeasylamb.ie for recipe inspiration.
– 4 lamb fillets
– 125g Parmesan cheese
– 200g baby spinach
– 2-3 tbsp olive oil
– balsamic cream
– salt and pepper
1. Take the lamb out of the fridge 30 minutes in advance.
2. Using a peeler, cut the cheese into shavings.
3. Divide the spinach between 4 plates or spread out on a large dish.
4. Pre-heat a barbecue or frying pan on a high heat. Brush the lamb fillets with olive oil, season with salt and black pepper and place on the barbecue or in the pan. Grill them for 2 minutes on each side, then reduce the heat and continue to cook depending on your preference and the thickness of the cut. Remove from the barbecue or pan and leave to rest for 2 minutes.
5. Drizzle olive oil over the spinach. Slice the meat and place on top, drizzling the balsamic cream over the top in a zigzag pattern. Top with the cheese shavings.
6. Serve immediately with bread or crisp baby potatoes fried with coarse salt and herbs.
Tip: You can add a few toasted pine nuts to the spinach.
This feature was created for the ‘Lamb – Tasty, Easy, Fun Campaign’, a new campaign launched in association with Bord Bia with co-funding from the EU. Visit www.tastyeasylamb.ie a tasty and fun destination for all things lamb.