Nothing beats the unique and delicious flavour of lamb. Whether it’s cooked with just a little seasoning or combined with exotic spices and flavours, lamb is the perfect hero ingredient for everyday meal occasions, whether you’re flying solo or cooking for family or friends.
Lamb is also a quick and simple meat to prepare which can be easily transformed for a variety of ethnic cuisines. From Moroccan lamb tagines to spicy quesadillas from Mexico; Ceylon lamb curry from Sri Lanka to Japanese style lamb yakitori, and not least forgetting delicious lamb burgers and kebabs perfect for al fresco dining over the summer – there is something to suit all tastes and every meal occasion.
This lamb steaks recipe with goats cheese and sun dried tomatoes is as quick and easy as it gets – check out www.tastyeasylamb.ie for more recipe inspiration.
– 4 lamb steaks, approx. 1½ cm thick
– 1 goats’ cheese log
– 100g sun-dried tomatoes in oil (drained weight)
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– Salt and pepper
– 4 sprigs of rosemary
– Grilled vegetables of your choice: peppers, aubergines, courgettes, etc.
1. Preheat the grill.
2. Cut 4 x 1½ cm thick slices from the goats’ cheese log and roughly chop the sun-dried tomatoes.
3. Pre-heat a frying pan on a high heat. Brush some olive oil over the lamb steaks, season with a little salt and pepper. Finely chop the rosemary and scatter it over the lamb. Place the lamb into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
4. Remove the chops from the pan and arrange in an ovenproof dish. Place a slice of cheese on top of each lamb steak. Season the cheese with pepper, then scatter the tomatoes and rosemary over the top.
5. Place under the hot grill until the cheese starts to melt (keep an eye on it!).
6. Serve immediately with grilled vegetables.
Tip: Cut the fat off the edges of the lamb steaks so they do not become misshapen during cooking.
This feature was created for the ‘Lamb – Tasty, Easy, Fun Campaign’, a new campaign launched in association with Bord Bia with co-funding from the EU. Visit www.tastyeasylamb.ie a tasty and fun destination for all things lamb.