Lamb and Chorizo Casserole Recipe from Patrick Clement of Pallas Foods
This recipe for lamb rump and Chorizo casserole was created by Business Development Chef Patrick Clement of Pallas Foods.
– 275 lamb rump
– 60g Chorizo sausage
– 1 Roscoff onion, diced
– 1 carrot, diced
– 1 garlic clove, diced
– 3 tomatoes, de-seeded, quartered
– 200g cannellini beans
– 1 stick celery, chopped
– 10g olive oil
– 200g lamb jus
– 120g red wine
– 20g flour
– 15g tomato pureé
– 1 branch thyme
– 6 rosemary leaves
– Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 160C. Heat the olive oil in a casserole or deep ovenproof sauté pan. Pan-fry lamb rump and chorizo. Remove from pan and reserve.
2. Sweat the celery, onion, carrot and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the tomato paste and cook slowly to get a little caramelization add flour.
3. Deglaze with red wine, reduced and add Lamb stock.
4. Add thyme, rosemary and bay leaves. Add the presoaked Cannellini beans and lamb stock. Bring to the boil, skim off the scum, then add salt and pepper.
5. Add lamb rump and Chorizo back in and place in oven cover with foil.
6. Cooked until lamb is pink and chorizo cooked should take about 20m minutes.
7. Serve in a deep plate with some rustic bread.
#pallastasteThis recipe was brought to you by Pallas Foods recipe development chef Patrick Clement. Pallas Foods is one of Ireland’s leading food distributors serving over 9,000 customers.
They have a portfolio of over 14,500 products and offer fresh, frozen, ambient and non-food products, in addition to an extensive wine list from their Private Vines Collection.
For more information log onto www.pallasfoods.com