Lamb Quesadillas Recipe from #TastyEasyLamb
Nothing beats the unique and delicious flavour of lamb. Whether it’s cooked with just a little seasoning or combined with exotic spices and flavours, lamb is the perfect hero ingredient for everyday meal occasions, whether you’re flying solo or cooking for family or friends.
Lamb is also a quick and simple meat to prepare which can be easily transformed for a variety of ethnic cuisines. From Moroccan lamb tagines to spicy quesadillas from Mexico; Ceylon lamb curry from Sri Lanka to Japanese style lamb yakitori, and not least forgetting delicious lamb burgers and kebabs perfect for al fresco dining over the summer – there is something to suit all tastes and every meal occasion.
This lamb kebabs recipe is simple and delicious, perfect for a summer picnic. Give your everyday meals an exciting twist and check out www.tastyeasylamb.ie for recipe inspiration.
– 500g minced lamb
– 1 onion, chopped
– 1 red pepper, chopped
– 150g mushrooms, sliced
– 20g sachet taco spice mix
– 150ml water
– 2tbsp chopped coriander
– 6 tortillas or wraps
– 200g grated mature cheddar cheese
– 1 tbsp oil
1. Brown the mince on a high heat in a frying pan. Use a spatula to break up the meat to stop big clumps forming. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. In the same pan cook the onion, pepper and mushrooms for 2-3 minutes until slightly softened.
3. Return mince to the pan, sprinkle with the spice and stir in the water. Cook for 5 min on a low heat, then add the chopped coriander.
4. Brush the tortillas lightly with oil on one side only. Divide the filling and cheese equally between the tortillas, placing on one half only. Fold them in two and brown them on both sides in a large non-stick frying pan, until the cheese melts. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
5. Cut in half and serve hot with a salad of romaine lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and red onion.
Tip: If you don’t have any taco spice, mix equal parts of cumin, chilli, paprika and dried oregano. If needed, add a little garlic and onion powder too.