For the easiest dinner of all time, fajitas are always a crowd-pleaser and this #tastyeasylamb lamb fajitas recipe is as simple and quick as it gets!
This delicious Mexican dish showcases fantastic Irish lamb and how easy it is to prepare. Your fajitas can be on the table in minutes and are sure to have everyone asking for seconds – there will be no such thing as leftovers with this one!
For more lamb recipe inspiration visit www.tastyeasylamb.ie.
– 600g Lamb leg steaks
– 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
– 1 tsp ground coriander
– 1 tsp ground cumin
– 2 avocados
– 2 limes
– 1 red pepper, finely sliced
– 1 yellow pepper, finely sliced
– A handful of fresh chopped coriander
– 2 tomatoes
– 1 Red onion, finely sliced and steeped in the juice of half a lime for 10 minutes
– 1 head of romaine lettuce
– 100g red cabbage, finely shredded
– 100g feta cheese, crumbled
– 1 jar jalapeno chillis
– 8 tortilla wraps
1. Slice lamb steaks into thin strips and place in a hot, oiled pan to sear, adding ground cumin and coriander to coat.
2. Cook for one minute and add in strips of pepper, cooking for a further minute until soft.
3. Mash avocado in a bowl with the juice of the limes and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
4. To assemble, take a wrap and add romaine lettuce, lamb and pepper mix, red cabbage and red onion slices and top with crumbled feta, jalapenos, diced tomato and more chopped coriander, finishing with avocado smash.
5. For an even quicker and easier option allow everyone to build their own – simple!
Growing up with the name Darina, I was constantly asked if I could cook like my namesake. With that(and greed) as the ultimate motivator, I realised that baked goods make excellent bribes and an obsession was born! I am the only person to have contested both Masterchef and the Great Irish Bake off, fuelling my desire to focus on food in a serious way. Working with TheTaste allows me to satisfy this craving and marries my food fascination with my love of writing and ranting.