Nothing beats the unique and delicious flavour of lamb. Whether it’s cooked with just a little seasoning or combined with exotic spices and flavours, lamb is the perfect hero ingredient for everyday meal occasions, whether you’re flying solo or cooking for family or friends.
Lamb is also a quick and simple meat to prepare which can be easily transformed for a variety of ethnic cuisines. From Moroccan lamb tagines to spicy quesadillas from Mexico; Ceylon lamb curry from Sri Lanka to Japanese style lamb yakitori, and not least forgetting delicious lamb burgers and kebabs perfect for al fresco dining over the summer – there is something to suit all tastes and every meal occasion.
This Lamb Cutlets Recipe is the perfect family meal and it is quick and easy to make! Give your everyday meals an exciting twist and check out www.tastyeasylamb.ie for recipe inspiration.
– 8 to 12 lamb cutlets
– 1 small onion
– 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
– 8 sprigs of flat-leaf parsley
– 1 level tsp. dried oregano
– ½ tsp. dried thyme
– ½ tsp. paprika
– ½ tsp. ground cumin
– A pinch of ground piri prir
– 1 level tsp. grated lemon zest
– 100ml olive oil
– 3 tbsp. sherry vinegar
– Salt and pepper
1. Roughly chop the onion (around 75g) and place in a food processor. Add the garlic, herbs, spices, lemon zest, oil and vinegar. Blitz until you have a finely chopped sauce. Season to taste.
2. Coat the lamb cutlets in a small amount of this mixture. Cover everything (bowl of chimichurri and meat) and leave to rest for at least 1hr in the fridge.
3. Take the sauce and the lamb out of the fridge a little in advance. Grill the lamb cutlets on a barbecue or in a grill pan
4. Serve immediately with the sauce, steamed jacket potatoes and salad.
Tip: You can replace half (or even all) the parsley with coriander. Try using picante pimento (a spicy Spanish paprika) instead of normal paprika and the piri piri.
This feature was created for the ‘Lamb – Tasty, Easy, Fun Campaign’, a new campaign launched in association with Bord Bia with co-funding from the EU. Visit www.tastyeasylamb.ie a tasty and fun destination for all things lamb.