Greek Lamb Burger Recipe by Darina Coffey #TastyEasyLamb
This Greek lamb burger recipe is the perfect summer treat and is so quick and easy to put together. Deliciously rich lamb works beautifully with fresh mint and black olives to create a juicy burger topped with creamy feta.
Lamb mince is so easy to get a hold of, isn’t pricey and makes seriously tender burgers – swap this for your traditional beef at your next BBQ and watch your guests line up for seconds! For more delicious lamb recipes visit www.tastyeasylamb.ie.
Makes 4 Burgers
– 400g minced lamb
– A handful fresh mint, roughly chopped
– 1 tsp ground cumin
– 1 tsp ground coriander
– 1 tsp oregano
– Salt and pepper
– 2 tsp black olives, finely chopped
– 1 red onion. finely sliced and steeped in lemon juice
– 80g feta
– 1 red pepper, roasted and sliced
– 1 bag of baby leaf lettuce
– 100g Greek yogurt
– 50g cucumber, chopped
– 1 clove garlic
– 3 fresh mint leaves, chopped
– 4 ciabatta rolls or pitta breads, to serve
1. Place the lamb in a bowl, add the mint and olives and mix well – add in any chopped her spices from above at this point.
2. Divide the mixture into 4 and shape into flat burgers and season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, quickly brown the burgers on one side, about 4 minutes. Turn them over and cook for 4 more minutes.
4. To make the tzakziki, add your yogurt to a bowl and mix in chopped mint, garlic and chopped cucumber and season with salt and pepper.
5. Place your burger in your vessel of choice, both ciabatta buns and pitta breads work well, spread tzatziki on the bun and get creative with your toppings and feta – pile them high and serve!
Growing up with the name Darina, I was constantly asked if I could cook like my namesake. With that(and greed) as the ultimate motivator, I realised that baked goods make excellent bribes and an obsession was born! I am the only person to have contested both Masterchef and the Great Irish Bake off, fuelling my desire to focus on food in a serious way. Working with TheTaste allows me to satisfy this craving and marries my food fascination with my love of writing and ranting.