Lamb and Chorizo Casserole Recipe from #LambTryItLoveIt
As the evenings draw in and the autumn chill sets in, it’s time to mix up your mid-week meal repertoire and cosy up to comfort foods and winter warmers. The rich and versatile flavour of European lamb packs a powerful punch and, with a wide variety of cuts available, is suitable for a range of autumnal dishes including stews, pies and casseroles.
This Lamb and Chorizo Casserole Recipe is simple to make and the perfect meal to have bubbling away on the hob, filling your home with the gorgeous aroma of quality European lamb. Serve with mashed potatoes and sautéed spinach and you have the perfect mid-week comfort dish to help get you through these darker evenings.
Serves 4 people
– 800g boned neck or shoulder of lamb, cubed
– 100g spicy chorizo
– 75g plain croutons or dried breadcrumbs
– 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
– 50ml dry white wine
– 50ml wine vinegar
– 1 tbsp fresh oregano or thyme, chopped
– ½ tbsp paprika
– ½ tbsp ground cumin
– 300ml stock
– 1 bay leaf
– salt and freshly ground black pepper
– handful of flat-leaf parsley, chopped
– Mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli
1. Cut the chorizo into small slices, add to a large frying pan and heat gently. Turn up the temperature once the fat begins to melt. Using a slotted spoon transfer the browned chorizo to a large saucepan. Brown the meat on a high heat in the fat remaining in the frying pan. When the lamb has browned transfer it to the saucepan.
2. Meanwhile, place the croutons into a food processor with the garlic, white wine, vinegar, oregano or thyme, paprika and cumin. Measure 100 ml water and pour a little into the processor, blitzing until you have a smooth mixture.
3. Add this mixture to the saucepan along with the rest of the water, the stock and the bay leaf. Bring to the boil, cover and leave to simmer on a very low heat for 1½ hour.
4. Add the chopped parsley and season to taste
5. Serve with mashed potatoes and sautéed spinach.
This feature was created for the ‘Lamb – Try It, Love It Campaign’, a new campaign launched in association with Bord Bia with co-funding from the EU. Visit www.facebook.com/TryLamb a tasty and fun destination for all things lamb.
THIS IS A SPONSORED POST IN CONJUNCTION WITH BORD BIA TO HELP PROMOTE #LAMBTRYITLOVEIT, A CAMPAIGN HIGHLIGHTING THE BENEFITS OF COOKING WITH EUROPEAN LAMB. FOR MORE RECIPE INSPIRATION, VISIT TRYLAMB.IE OR FOLLOW @TRYLAMB ON FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM.