European Lamb and Cheddar Quesadillas Recipe From #LambTryItLoveIt
This feature was created for the ‘Lamb, Try It, Love It’ campaign in association with Bord Bia with co-funding from the EU. Visit https://www.facebook.com/TryLamb/ for more information on all things European lamb.
The rich and versatile flavour of lamb packs a powerful punch and, with a wide variety of cuts available, is suitable for a range of dishes and cooking methods from quick mid-week meals to special dinners at weekends or holidays.
This lamb and cheddar quesadilla shows off the versatility of European lamb as a star protein in any meal, pairing it with Mexican spices and creamy cheddar cheese for a mid-week meal that is as comforting as it is quick and easy.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
– 500g minced lamb
– 1 onion, chopped
– 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
– 150g mushrooms, sliced
– ½ – 1 sachet (20-30g) prepared taco spice mix
– 150 ml water
– 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
– 6 tortillas or wraps
– 200 g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
– 1 tbsp oil, to lightly oil tortillas
1. Brown the mince on a high heat in a frying pan. Use a spatula to break up the meat to stop big clumps forming. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. In the same pan cook the onion, pepper and mushrooms for 2-3 minutes until slightly
3. Return mince to the pan, sprinkle with the spice and stir in the water. Cook for 5 min on a low heat, then add the chopped coriander.
4. Brush the tortillas lightly with oil on one side only. Divide the filling and cheese equally between the tortillas, placing on one half only. Fold them in two and brown them on both sides in a large non-stick frying pan, until the cheese melts. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
5. Cut in half and serve hot with a salad of romaine lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and red onion.
Chef’s Tip: If you don’t have any taco spice, mix equal parts of cumin, chilli, paprika and dried oregano. If needed, add a little garlic and onion powder too.
This feature was created for the ‘Lamb – Try It, Love It Campaign’, a new campaign launched in association with Bord Bia with co-funding from the EU. Visit www.facebook.com/TryLamb a tasty and fun destination for all things lamb.