Watch: Irish Lobster & Mango Cocktail Recipe by Neven Maguire for Simply Better
Neven Maguire created this Irish Lobster & Mango Cocktail Recipe using Cooked Irish Lobsters and Handmade Tomato Country Relish from the Simply Better range, sourced exclusively for Dunnes Stores.
The recipe features in the first ever edition of the Simply Better COOK with Neven Maguire Magazine, which is bursting with a range of Neven’s favourite summer recipes that take advantage of the best ingredients from the award winning Simply Better collection.
Pick up a free copy at your nearest Dunnes Stores to check out the full range of recipes and share your recreations using the hashtag #COOKwithNeven.
– 2 Simply Better Cooked Irish Lobsters (Approx. 400g White Lobster Meat, well picked over)
– 1 tbsp Simply Better Handmade Tomato Country Relish
– 1 baby gem lettuce, outer leaves discarded
– ½ small, ripe mango
– 100ml mayonnaise
– 1 ripe avocado, peeled, stone removed and roughly chopped.
– Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
– Smoked paprika, to garnish
– Fresh sprigs of dill, to garnish
– Lime wedges, to serve
1. Shred the lettuce and arrange in the bottom of 4 Martini glasses. Peel the mango and cut into dice, discarding the stone. Scatter over the lettuce in a neat layer.
2. Place the mayonnaise in a liquidizer with the avocado and tomato country relish and blend until smooth. Transfer to a squeezy bottle.
3. Arrange the lobster meat on the mango and pipe over the avocado mayonnaise. Add a good grinding of black pepper and a light dusting of smoked paprika. Garnish each one with sprigs of fresh dill and add a lime wedge to serve.