Homemade Brunch Bowl Recipe by The Wonky Spatula
This recipe was inspired by a breakfast I had on a trip to London, we stopped off in Balthazar’s and I had their breakfast salad. It was absolutely stunning and led to the inspiration for this Brunch Bowl which has fast become one of my staple late Saturday morning meals.
GF – DF Difficulty (Spatula): 2 Under 30 mins
1 large handful of mixed leaves 45g quinoa, cooked
50g bacon lardons
1 large handful of baby kale
1 large handful of baby spinach
8–10 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1⁄4 – 1⁄2 tsp Tabasco sauce
1⁄4 avocado, diced
1⁄2 tsp coconut oil
To garnish: 1 tsp pumpkin seeds, 1⁄2 tsp flaxseeds, 1⁄2 tsp linseeds.
- Add the lardons to a dry cold pan and begin to cook over a high heat.
- Once the lardons are fully cooked and nice and crispy, add the quinoa to the pan and stir well, cook for 2–3 minutes until the quinoa has begun to heat up.
- Next, add the tomatoes, spinach, kale and Tabasco and mix thoroughly.
- Reduce the heat and cook for 3–4 minutes until the tomatoes are cooked through and the spinach and kale are nicely wilted.
- In the meantime, heat another pan with some coconut oil and fry the egg to your liking.
- Finally, in a large bowl place the mixed leaves in the bottom, place the quinoa mix on top followed by the avocado and fried egg, finish by sprinkling over the seeds, some salt and cracked black pepper. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe from The Wonky Spatula Book – Cook Healthy, Live Happy