Scrumptious Healthy Rocky Road Recipe by The Wonky Spatula
Treat your friends and family this Easter with a batch of this scrumptious Healthy Rocky Road. These are a totally nutritious alternative to a standard rocky road and are so tasty that you won’t even know the difference.
I’ve been wanting to play around with cacao paste for quite some time and what better occasion to give it a whirl than Easter! This recipe is also Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan & Paleo.
– 200g cacao paste
– 4 tbsp your preferred sweetener; honey, agave, maple syrup
– 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
– 160g Malatya dried apricots, roughly chopped
– 15g hazelnuts
– 15g sultanas
– 20g dried cranberries
– 20g pecans
– 50g pistachios
– 50g cashew nuts
– Large pinch of coarse salt
1. Melt the cacao paste over a bain maire, stirring regularly until it has all turned to liquid.
2. Add in the coconut oil and allow it to melt again stirring regularly until it is fully melted and combined with the cacao paste.
3. Remove the chocolate mixture from the heat and stir in the honey.
4. Add in the remainder of the ingredients, holding back about 5 pistachios.
5. Stir the mixture thoroughly and add to either a silicone loaf tin or a regular baking dish lined with parchment paper.
6. Finely chop the remaining pistachios and sprinkle over the top with a pinch of coarse salt.
7. Place in your freezer for 35-40 minutes until solid.
Food is my passion! I spend every spare minute I have experimenting in the kitchen! I am constantly coming up with clean alternatives to junk foods in order to promote healthy eating in a unique and exciting way. My recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and occasionally vegan. I hope you enjoy this recipe and after having a look through my blog are inspired to try new things!