Healthy Halloween Ghosts Recipe from The Wonky Spatula
This Halloween Ghosts Recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Vegan.
Halloween is just around the corner! Try out these delicious healthy treats, perfect for adults and little ones alike! I have used a silicon ghost mold to make mine but doing them on a flat cookie sheet and either using a Halloween shaped pasty cutter or slicing them into squares when they’re solid will work just fine!
– 200g cacao butter
– 1/4 cup cashew butter
– 1/4 cup agave
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 2 cups of popped quinoa
– 1/3 cup of cacao powder
– 5 tbsp coconut oil
– 2 tbsp cashew butter
– 6 tbsp agave
1. In a small sauce pan add the cacao butter and allow to melt with the heat on low.
2. Once it has melted remove from the heat and whisk in the cashew butter, agave & vanilla.
3. Pour the mixture into your molds and place in the freezer to set, this will take about 20 minutes, depending on your freezer.
4. In the mean time place the cacao powder, coconut oil, cashew butter and agave into a small pot.
5. Place on your stove and allow to melt on a low setting while whisking the mixture together.
6. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
7. Combine the chocolate with the quinoa and stir until it is fully coated in the chocolate.
8. Check that the white chocolate layer has set & remove from the freezer.
9. Press the popped quinoa into the molds and return to the freezer for a further 15-20 minutes until set. Remove from the freezer, server and enjoy!
Food is my passion! I spend every spare minute I have experimenting in the kitchen! I am constantly coming up with clean alternatives to junk foods in order to promote healthy eating in a unique and exciting way. My recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and occasionally vegan. I hope you enjoy this recipe and after having a look through my blog are inspired to try new things!