Hazelnut Granola Recipe with Coconut Yoghurt & Grilled Peaches from The Honest Project
I adore this granola recipe; it’s the perfect combo of sweet and salty, crunchy and chewy and I could eat infinite amounts of it.
There are endless options when it comes to making homemade granola; I usually start with oats, then add a combo of nuts, seeds and fruits, not forgetting to add a little sweetener.
Baked in the oven and stored in an airtight container, it’s ideal for handy breakfasts and general snacking needs.
– 2 cups oats
– 1/2 cup hazelnuts, chopped
– 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
– 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
– 4 tbsp coconut sugar
– 1 tsp sea salt
– 1/2 tsp ground ginger
– Small tub of coconut yogurt
– 4 peaches
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / Gas 4.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the oats, chopped hazelnuts and pumpkin seeds.
3. In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil over a low heat and add the coconut sugar.
4. Stir constantly until the coconut sugar granules break down. Remove fro the heat and stir in the ground ginger and sea salt.
5. Pour the coconut oil and sugar over the dry ingredients and stir and ensure that the oats, seeds and nuts are evenly coated.
6. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Tip the granola on top and spread out in an even layer.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the granola is golden and toasted. Remove from the oven and set to one side until it cools.
8. To prepare the peaches, cut them in half and remove the stone. Place on a griddle pan or under a grill, flesh side towards the pan or grill and cook until they begin to char.
9. Serve the granola with a dollop of coconut yogurt and sliced charred peaches. Enjoy!
Frances Walsh is the creator and writer behind healthy lifestyle blog, The Honest Project. The Honest Project focuses on plant based eating and cooking, using vegetables, fruits and wholefoods. Frances’ interest is in preparing and eating foods that are made from scratch but are practical and easy to make for even the most inexperienced cook.
For more information visit thehonestproject.com.