Hazelnut & Banana Overnight Oats Recipe by The Honest Project
If you love Nutella, you will love this oats recipe. Think creamy hazelnut butter and sweet banana combined with one of our favourite breakfast staples, oats. This recipe takes no time at all to make and as it’s made the evening before, it saves valuable time in the morning.
What’s not to love about a home made breakfast that doesn’t require you to get up at the crack of dawn?! This recipe makes one large portion or two small portions. However, you can make several portions at once as it will keep in the fridge for around three days. In fact, one of the best tips for sticking to a healthy diet is to do meal prep in advance.
A few meals prepped in advance saves the day on days when work, family and other commitments soak up your time and you just don’t have the time or inclination to cook.
Serves 1 – 2
– 1/2 cup of oats
– 1/2 cup of nut milk
– 2 tbsp of hazelnut butter
– 1 tbsp of milled hemp seed
– 1 banana
– 1 tsp of vanilla extract
– Pinch of sea salt
To serve (optional)
– Raw cacao nibs
– Chopped hazelnuts
– Hazelnut butter
– Nut milk
1. Mash the banana in a large bowl. The riper the banana is, the sweeter this dish is.
2. Add the other ingredients to the bowl and mix well to combine. Pour into a glass jar and leave overnight.
3. To serve, top up with almond milk and sprinkle some cacao nibs, chopped hazelnuts and a swirl of hazelnut butter on top.
he Honest Project focuses on plant based eating and cooking, using vegetables, fruits and wholefoods.
Frances’ interest is in preparing and eating foods that are made from scratch but are practical and easy to make for even the most inexperienced cook.
For more information visit thehonestproject.com.