Spooky season is upon us and this Berry Spooky Frankenstein Punch Recipe will add the perfect touch to any Halloween table. Bursting with flavour, fun and fright your trick or treaters will be left dying for more.
Makes about 2.5 litres
To frost the glasses
– 4 tbsp Siúcra Granulated Sugar
– Shallow bowl of water
For the sugar syrup
– Siúcra Caster Sugar
– 300ml water
– 10 pieces of fresh orange peel
– 100g blueberries
– 20 green grapes
– 100g dried cranberries
– 10 sprigs of mint
– 3 small to medium apples, peeled, halved and carve a monster face on the curved side of the apple
– 2 litres sparkling water
1. To frost the glass, dip the rim of the glasses into a shallow bowl of water and then into a plate of Siúcra Granulated Sugar. Leave these to set for 10 minutes.
2. To make the sugar syrup, pour the Siúcra Caster Sugar and water into a saucepan and bring to the boil over a high heat, reduce the heat to low and add the orange pieces. Leave to simmer for about 8 to 10 minutes until a light syrup forms. Take off the heat and allow to cool, leaving the orange peel in the syrup.
3. To make the punch, once the syrup is cold, pour this into a large glass bowl, add the blueberries, grapes, cranberries, sprigs of mint and carved apples into the bowl / jug.
4. Give it a gentle stir and then pour in the sparkling water. Then use a ladle to stir and serve.
Catherine Fulvio the award-winning cookbook author has developed a series of sweet and savoury mini recipes exclusively for Siúcra, to showcase the functionality and breadth of the product range as well as demonstrating how fun, quick and easy it is to make delicious dishes from scratch, regardless of ability.
For more information on Siúcra products and/or recipes visit Siúcra’s Facebook page or www.siucra.ie.