A buddha bowl is such a tasty option for a quick but healthy and nutritionally balanced dish. There’s such a colorful variety of ingredients you can bring to the table too. The key to bringing it all together is having a delicious yet simple, dressing on hand.
This green dressing is one of our favourites and you can whizz it up in a matter of minutes using a hand blender, mini chopper or NutriBullet.
For the Dressing
- 3 tbsp plain Greek yogurt or plain coconut yogurt for dairy free
- ½ cup fresh basil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Homespun Chicory Root Syrup
- 1 Pinch sea salt to taste
- 3 slices sweet potato roasted, 3– 4 slices per bowl
- 1/2 cup quinoa cooked grain of choice per bowl, we love quinoa
- 3 slices halloumi fried, 3 to 4 slices per bowl for serving*
- 1 handful kale 1 large handful of sauteed or steamed greens per bowl; here we used kale
- 1 tbsp pickled onion 1-2 spoons of pickled onions per bowl
- ½ avocado 1/2 an avocado per bowl to serve
- 1 tbsp nuts 1 – 2 tbsp of nuts or seeds to serve
- Place all ingredients for the dressing into a jug if using a hand blender or into your mini chopper or blender base. Blend for a few minutes until smooth and beautifully bright and green. Season to taste with salt. This will keep in the fridge for up to three days.
- Load up bowls with sweet potato, quinoa, halloumi and greens. Top with avocado, pickled onion, seeds and/nuts and drizzle with dressing.
- Serve with ample extra dressing on the side!
Eating healthy can be hard, just last week the government advised us to reduce our portion sizes and sugary treats. That’s why Erica Sheehan, Founder of Homespun, is excited to introduce the honey alternative to her range of wholefoods.
But what is Chicory Root Syrup?It’s a delicate low sugar syrup gently extracted from fresh chicory roots and brings natural plant-based sweetness to your favourite foods and drinks without causing spikes in blood sugars. Plus, it’s high in gut healthy prebiotic fibre. Homespun Chicory Root Syrup will be your low sugar alternative for cooking, baking or in cold or hot drinks – add it to your autumn hot chocolate.
Erica says: “Since I discovered Chicory Root Syrup, I’ve enjoyed using whilst preparing so many family meals. You can use it in cooking and home baking, drizzled on porridge and pancakes and in drinks and dressings. It’s got a lovely delicate sweet taste with a fraction of the sugars found in other syrups. ”
Homespun Chicory Root Syrup at a glance:
- Up to 70% less sugar than honey, maple and agave
- High in prebiotic fibre
- Low glycaemic index – scientifically proven to keep blood sugars low*
- Plant-based and vegan friendly
- Light and delicate sweet taste
- Ideally suited to anyone monitoring sugar intake including diabetics