Sriracha & Honey Grilled Chicken Recipe with Gluten Free Noodles from Soulful & Healthy
Gorgeous Asian inspired “Sriracha & Honey Grilled Chicken” Recipe, with the spiciness and tanginess from the sriracha sauce and sweetness from pure honey. Great as a starter or even as a main served with delicious stir-fried rice noodles and veggies.
- 6 chicken drumsticks skinless or 6 Thighs (skinless) or Two full Chicken legs (skinless)
- 3 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp pure honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger and garlic paste
- 2 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Pink Himalayan salt to taste
- Fresh ground pepper
For the noodles
- 150 grams rice noodles
- 1 red onion
- 4 baby corns
- 5 Mangetouts 5 to 6
- 4 to 5 button mushroom
- 2 Spring onions chopped for garnish
For the noodle sauce
- Sriracha 1 tbsp
- Pure honey 1 tsp
- Light soya sauce 1 tbsp
- Rice vinegar 1 tsp
- Tamarind water 1 tbsp (Mix 1 tbsp of fresh tamarind with 3 tbsp of hot water)
- 1 tbsp corn flour mixed with 3 tbsp of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Good quality sesame oil Good quality sesame oil
- Prepare the chicken, remove the skin and make small slits with a sharp knife.
- Mix all marinate ingredients in a large bowl, using a whisk until well combined. Set aside about 2 to 3 tablespoons of marinate to use as a drizzle or dip for serving. Taste it and adjust spices according to your preference.
- Add the chicken, mix well and refrigerate overnight or at least an hour.
- Pre-Heat the oven at 200 C / 400 F , Place chicken in an oven dish and grill on the top shelf for 35 to 40 mins, (Each oven time may vary, so keep an eye on this), halfway through flip chicken and drizzle leftover marinate sauce.
- While the chicken is being cooked, chop all the vegetables.
- Prepare the noodles as per package instructions.
- Heat the oil on a hot work and stir fry the vegetables, 4 to 5 mins.
- Add the sauce ingredients and mix well to combine. You can add a splash of water if it begins to dry out. Add the noodles and mix well.
- Serve the chicken and the noodles garnished with chopped spring onions, drizzle the
- marinate sauce. Enjoy!
Healthy eating doesn’t have to be boring, That’s what I told myself when I started blogging three years ago. I share healthy recipes, inspirations and ideas from my little kitchen in Dublin. With a cultural mix at home my recipes are not specific to one cuisine alone. I discovered so many wonderful ways of cooking which are all very healthy and not compromising on taste. Most of my recipes are gluten free, sugar free and diary free. I still enjoy treats from time to time but not at the cost of my health. I found a right balance between enjoying good food and also eating more organic and wholesome food. Hope you enjoy my recipes as much as I enjoy making them.