Griddled Prawn Skewers Recipe by Clean Eating Alice
This Griddled Prawn Skewers Recipe is a perfect dish for dinner – quick and easy to make, and healthy too!
– 2 tsp harissa paste
–2 tsp honey
– 1/2 lemon, juiced
– 150g raw king prawns
– 1 tbsp coconut oil
– 1 red pepper, halved, deseeded and sliced
– 1/2 red onion, peeled, halved and finely chopped
– 8 baby plum tomatoes, halved
– 150g pre-cooked quinoa
– 1/4 of a bunch of fresh coriander, leaves chopped
– Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a bowl, mix the harissa, honey and lemon juice. In another bowl, toss the prawns in half the harissa mixture to fully coat.
2. Heat half the coconut oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat until melted.
3. Add the pepper and red onion and fry for 7–10 minutes, until softened, adding the tomatoes halfway through and stirring often.
4. Heat the quinoa according to the packet instructions, tip into a bowl and stir through the peppers, tomatoes and red onion.
5. Heat the remaining tablespoon of coconut oil on a griddle pan over a medium-high heat until melted.
6. Thread the prawns evenly onto skewers (if you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes before using), then place on the griddle pan to cook for about 3–4 minutes, turning every minute, until cooked through.
7. Stir the coriander through the quinoa and season generously.
8. Serve the prawns with the quinoa and drizzle with the remaining harissa and honey dressing.
To buy this book visit www.amazon.co.uk