Green Tea Lime Smoothie Recipe from Oh She Glows
This green tea lime pie smoothie recipe offers the tropical flavours of lime, coconut, banana and avocado in a rich, exotic blend that’s enhanced with the nutritional benefits of fresh greens and matcha green tea powder. If you’ve never tried matcha in a smoothie before, prepare yourself for an energizing kick! Matcha is a natural source of caffeine, and it’s rich in disease- fighting antioxidants.
On its own, it has a slightly bitter, toasted flavour, but you won’t detect so much as a hint of bitterness when you blend the powder into a sweet, refreshing smoothie bowl. I happen to think that this smoothie tastes like key lime pie: creamy, tart, tropical and sweet all at once. Ahh, now this is living!
Make it kid-friendly: Omit the matcha powder and reduce the quantity of lime juice.
For the smoothie
– 125ml coconut water
– 225g fresh baby spinach
– 1 large frozen banana, chopped
– 55g avocado
– 2 tsp lime zest (from 1 large lime)
– 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh
– lime juice (from 1 large lime)
– 2 or 3 ice cubes, as needed
– 2 tsps pure maple syrup, or to taste
– 1⁄2 tsp matcha green tea powder, or to taste
– Vanilla Super-Seed Granola with
– Coconut Chips
– Fresh sliced mango, pineapple, and/or banana
– Melted coconut butter
– Large flaked coconut or Maple Cinnamon Coconut Chips
– Hemp hearts
1. In a high-speed blender, combine all the smoothie ingredients and blend on high until smooth. Taste and adjust the sweetness, if desired.
2. Pour into a bowl and add the toppings of your choice. Enjoy with a spoon!
Angela Liddon’s irresistible and foolproof recipes have become the gold standard for plant-based cooking. Her phenomenally popular blog and bestselling debut, The Oh She Glows Cookbook, have amassed millions of fans eager for her latest collection of creative and accessible recipes.
Now, in this highly anticipated follow-up cookbook, Liddon shares wildly delicious recipes that are perfect for busy lifestyles, promising to make plant-based eating convenient every day of the week-including holidays and special occasions!
Oh She Glows Every Day By Angela Liddon published by Michael Joseph Books is available to buy from 12th January 2017 here: www.amazon.co.uk/Oh-She-Glows-Every-Day/