Gorgeous Hot Detox Tea Recipes by MyNutrition
It’s getting chilly out there; we were thinking of keeping you warm, while boosting your immune system, getting you stronger and healthier with these gorgeous drinks, with the added bonus of health benefits, detox your body and make your skin glow!
My Nutrition is sharing some of the most popular Hot Detox Tea Recipes. We hope we can keep you warm and inspired during these cold months ahead, to watch your health and look after your weight and fitness level. Some of these amazing hot drinks will help you out with your weight loss program, but be warned that you have to be good with your eating habits to see the amazing benefits of these beautiful hot infusions.
These gorgeous hot beverages are extremely popular and in serious demand, as many of us are coming back from indulgent holidays and looking ahead at fitting perfectly in our dresses and suits for events, social gatherings and the soon to be here Christmas parties. Sometimes there is not enough time to cook a healthy meal every day and to accomplish all of our goals at the gym or work outs during the week, a great way to look after our health and figure is the right type of hydration, some of these amazing drinks are as delicious cold or hot, to take them to work or the gym and keep you hydrated and detox all day long. Sip away and let it do wonders for your skin, body and health.
As many things in life “moderation” is key, so we do not recommend to overdo it and stay in a detox program for too long. Our bodies and digestive system need to rest to enjoy all the benefits of nutrients and minerals that a variety of natural foods brings. Some of the commercial detox teas out there are not being monitored and it is very hard to guess what is in them and if they are safe to drink. With our recipes you know exactly what you are putting in your body and they are made with all natural and amazing ingredients, extremely beneficial for your health.
Thinking of all the gorgeous food displayed all over TheTaste.ie Magazine and to compliment all the fabulous food all over Ireland, we decided to share the best tea flavours to compliment our increasingly sophisticated Irish palettes and not to interfere with all the amazing food and flavours to be enjoyed in this gorgeous Island. So enjoy every sip and let us know what you think.
1. Just add a handful of fresh or frozen cranberries to a pan with 2 cups of boiling water, let it boil for 5 minutes.
2. Remove from the heat, set aside and cover with a lid for 2-5 minutes.
3. Serve hot/warm with fresh mint leaves & a bit of honey (optional). Delicious hot or cold.
My Nutrition’s Tip: We all know water is a diuretic and great for the entire body, but combined with cranberries, it’s a fantastic fat, toxins and water flushing drink. Cranberries contains high levels of organic acids, and when consumed on a regular basis may help your body actually dissolve fatty deposits and toxins from your diuretic system.
1. Just add white tea to a boiling cup of water, add 1 or 2 thin slices of grapefruit (or just a little bit of fresh grapefruit juice) and a small sprig of rosemary, cover for 5 minutes.
2. Drink away with a bit of honey or just plain. We recommend to have this drink in the morning and during the day, but not later that 3-4pm as the citrus fruit is not good for your stomach in the evenings.
My Nutrition’s Tip: Grapefruit is great for your body. Grapefruits contain high amounts of Vitamin C, which helps your body to detoxify naturally. This drink helps your liver do the job it was meant to do – detoxify and metabolize your body. White tea contains the same types of antioxidants as green tea, but in greater quantity. These antioxidants are found to have many health promoting properties including boosting cardiovascular health, helping to lower cholesterol, reducing the risk of cancer and enhancing weight loss.
1. Add to a boiling cup of water 2 thin slices of fresh ginger, 1 small wedge of orange and a dash of cinnamon or a 1/4 of a cinnamon stick. Cover for 5 minutes.
2. Serve hot with honey or just plain. You can keep the skin of the ginger and the orange, as it will add on extra nutrients and benefits.
My Nutrition’s Tips: Ginger has a long history of use for relieving digestive problems such as nausea, loss of appetite, motion sickness and pain. Modern scientific research has revealed that ginger possesses numerous therapeutic properties including antioxidant effects, an ability to inhibit the formation of inflammatory compounds, and direct anti-inflammatory effects. Cinnamon can lower blood sugar levels, reduce heart disease risk factors, and has a plethora of other impressive health benefits, great help against infections, the common cold, etc.
• 1 Litre Water
• 1 Apple(sliced)
• 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
• 3 Tea bags Green Tea
• Honey (Optional )
1. Add 1 litre of water to a deep pan, together with 3 tea bags of green tea, cinnamon and 1/2 of the sliced apple. Bring it to a boil for 5 minutes. Then remove from the heat. Leave to cool down.
2. Remove tea bags and transfer the infusion to a glass jug, add the remaining sliced apple, more cinnamon and honey if desire.
3. Can be drunk hot or cold. It will keep in the fridge for 3 days.
My Nutrition’s Tips: Unsweetened green tea is a zero calorie beverage, with high amounts of antioxidants, it’s anti-inflammatory and with anti-carcinogenic effects due to bioactive polyphenols. Apples have great detoxifying benefits due to their alkalinity removing toxins that come with high protein foods. Cinnamon helps to lower blood sugar, helps to fight against bacterial and fungal infections, improves glucose and lipids levels, consuming up to 6 grams per day reduce glucose, triglyceride, Ldl cholesterol. Helps reduce body’s negative responses to eating high fat meals.
My Nutrition Ireland is a Nutritional & Health Consultancy which was set up by Thomas Coleman and his wife Jeeny Maltese in 2013. They understand the importance of Health and how it impacts on people, their well-being and performance both in the workplace, at home and in Sports Performance. It’s a marriage made in Heaven many would say.
Jeeny Maltese is a romantic, energetic girl from Venezuela and has a passion for Food, Health & Beauty without sacrificing taste; an extremely talented cook described as a “Latin Nigella Lawson” by many. Tom Coleman – her husband is a Nutritionist with a background in Science and Health Promotion, with a life time passion in Health, Sports & Science.
Together they have combined their passion into an exciting business with a growing following. Our aim is to spread the word that Healthy Eating with us is easy, quick, inexpensive, practical and sexy! Gorgeous food doesn’t have to be complicated and hard to reach.