Going For Gold – Ireland’s Top Hotels Revealed at Annual Gold Medal Awards
Ireland’s Top Hotels were revealed at the Gold Medal Awards in Kilkenny’s Lyrath Estate, with Kelly’s Resort Hotel in Co. Wexford claiming the title of Gold Medal Supreme Winner and Ireland’s Family Friendly Hotel.
The luxurious Ashford Castle was voted Ireland’s top Guest Experience and Five-Star Hotel, whereas The Malton Killarney was awarded Ireland’s Four-Star Hotel.
Meanwhile, Jess Murphy of Kai Restaurant in Galway was named Ireland’s Chef of the Year, while Ken Harker from Mount Juliet Estate in Kilkenny was named Executive Chef of the Year.
The awards, which are presented in association with Hotel & Catering Review magazine, are now in their 29th year and draw entries from around the country.
Here are the full list of winners:
– Gold Medal Supreme Winner – Kelly’s Resort & Hotel, Co. Wexford
– Ireland’s Five Star Hotel – Ashford Castle, Co. Mayo
– Ireland’s Five Star Boutique Hotel – Ballyfin, Co. Laois
– Ireland’s Four Star Hotel – The Malton Killarney, Co. Kerry
– Ireland’s Four Star Resort – The Portmarnock Hotel and Golf Links, Dublin
– Ireland’s Three Star Hotel – Headfort Arms Hotel, Co. Meath
– Ireland’s Country House & Guest House – Marlfield House, Co. Wexford
– Ireland’s Five Star Hotel Spa Experience – Aghadoe Heights, Co. Kerry
– Ireland’s Four Star Hotel Spa Experience – Oceo Spa, Seafield Hotel, Co. Wexford
– Ireland’s Hotel Breakfast – Blue Haven Hotel, Co. Cork
– Ireland’s Family Friendly Hotel – Kelly’s Resort Hotel, Co. Wexford
– Ireland’s City Hotel – The Montenotte Hotel, Co. Cork
– Ireland’s Business Hotel – Absolute Hotel, Limerick
– Ireland’s Wedding Hotel – Garryvoe Hotel, Co. Cork
– Ireland’s Favourite Place to Stay – Castle Leslie Estate, Co. Monaghan
– Ireland’s Best Hotel Website – Wyatthotel.com, Co. Mayo
– Ireland’s Chef of the Year – Jess Murphy, Kai Restaurant, Co. Galway
– Ireland’s Executive Chef of the Year – Ken Harker, Mount Juliet Estate, Co. Kilkenny
– Ireland’s Rising Star Chef of the Year – Niamh Barry, The Bay Tree Bistro, Co. Waterford
– Ireland’s Menu Provenance Award – Limerick Strand Hotel
– Ireland’s Fine Dining Restaurant – Pullman Restaurant, Glenlo Abbey Hotel, Co. Galway
– Ireland’s Casual Dining Experience – The Draft House, Co. Sligo
– Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way Restaurant – The Tavern, Co. Mayo
– Ireland’s Newcomer Restaurant – Wild and Native Seafood Restaurant, Co. Wexford
– Ireland’s Wine Experience – The Twelve Hotel, Co. Galway
– Ireland’s Guest Experience – Ashford Castle, Co. Mayo
– Outstanding Service Award – Aidan Moynihan, Hotel, Killarney, Co. Kerry
– Ireland’s Front of House Team Member – Deirdre Ryan, Marymount University Hospital & Hospice, Co. Cork
– Ireland’s Event Caterer – John Coughlan Catering, Dubai Duty Free Irish Open
– Ireland’s Site Contract Caterer – Brook Food Services, Co. Cork
– Ireland’s Healthcare Caterer – National Maternity Hospital, Holles Street, Dublin
– Ireland’s Innovative Supplier – Avvio, Headquarters, Co. Limerick
For more information about the Gold Medal Awards, visit hotelandcateringreview.ie.