Glenisk’s Chickpea Spinach Squash Curry Recipe
A delicious bowl of comforting goodness is always welcome. This light and flavourful recipe is quick and easy to make and very gentle on the pocket too!
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 400ml hot vegetable stock
- 200ml Glenisk Natural 0% Fat Irish Strained Protein Yogurt
- 5 large handfuls spinach
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until softened.
- Stir through the spices and mustard until well coated. Add the squash and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and stir through the Glenisk yogurt until well combined.
- Bring the saucepan to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Once the squash is tender, add the spinach and chickpeas.
- Serve the curry as you like – I love it with some fluffy brown or basmati rice!