This gingerbread latte cupcakes recipe is one for the grown ups with a little coffee kick and is the perfect festive treat.
– 115g unsalted butter
– 100g light brown sugar
– 50g caster sugar
– 2 large eggs
– ½ tsp vanilla extract
– 215g plain flour
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1½ tsp ground ginger
– ¼ tsp ground allspice
– ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
– 1 sachet of Nescafe Gingerbread latte mixed with 2tbsp hot water or 35ml strong coffee
– 110ml golden syrup
For the frosting
– 250ml whipped cream
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 2 tbsp icing sugar
– 1/2 tsp cinnamon
– Gingerbread man cupcake toppers (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F and line a 12-hole cupcake tray with liners.
2. Place butter and both sugars into a large bowl and beat until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes on medium-high speed.
3. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract, mix until well incorporated and smooth.
4. Place flour, baking powder, and spices into a medium sized bowl and whisk briefly.
5. Empty flour mix into your egg/sugar mixture and beat on low until the batter starts to combine.
6. Add in the mixed gingerbread latte or the shot of coffee and golden syrup and mix briefly on a high speed.
7. Divide the mixture between the cupcake liners, fill them ¾ full.
8. Place in the oven for 18-25 minutes, until risen, golden and an inserted skewer into the centre comes out clean.
9. Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
1. Pour the cream into a bowl, sift in the icing sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and beat on medium-high speed until cream is thick.
2. Fill a piping bag (and use your favourite icing tip for this part) and pipe a swirl onto each cupcake.
3. Place a Gingerbread man topper onto each cupcake.
Hi I’m Karyn. I’m a mum, blogger and lover of everything to do with baking. I try to come up with easy recipes that everyone can bake. I’ve won a few baking awards and even appeared on TV! I’m mostly found in my kitchen surrounded by flour and baking books. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you will join in on some of my Baking Adventures.