Gazpacho Recipe from Las Tapas de Lola
Gazpacho is a traditional tomato soup from Andalucía served cold. Follow this authentic Spanish gazpacho recipe for a deliciously refreshing Summer starter, or use as one of a number of tapas dishes. A chef’s tip is if you prefer a thicker texture to your soup, add bread from the day before to the ingredients in the blender. It will be nice and smooth and won’t change the flavour.
– 1kg ripe tomatoes
– 1 small green pepper
– 1 small red pepper
– 1-2 cloves of garlic (dependent on how much you love garlic)
– 80g cucumber
– 40g onion
– 250ml cold water
– 50ml sherry vinegar
– 150ml extra virgin olive oil
– 1 small red onion, finely diced
– 1 small green pepper, finely diced
1. Put all the ingredients in a blender (but not the oil).
2. Blend until smooth and creamy.
3. Add the oil and blend again for a few seconds.
4. Pour the soup through a colander.
5. Serve in bowls topped with a few diced green peppers, red onions, and 3/4 croutons per serving.
Located in the heart of buzzing Wexford Street and Camden Street, Las Tapas de Lola offers sumptuous Spanish tapas, wines, beers and tasty sangria for every occasion. As an Irish-Spanish co-owned place, we’re passionate about our food and wine and even more passionate about having fun! We open each day at 5pm Monday through Sunday for tapas.
Check out our tapas menu for what’s on offer and call us on +353 1 4244100 to book a table. Visit www.lastapasdelola.com for more information.