This garlic and seaweed marinated prawns recipe is served with chorizo and haricot beans, grilled asparagus, cherry tomatoes, quail eggs and seaweed sprinkle.
This stunning yummy dinner for 2 can be created in just 30 minutes.
– 300-400g Peeled prawns
– 2 Garlic cloves
– Seaweed sprinkle
– Olive oil
– Pack of Fresh asparagus tips (100g)
– Can of haricot beans
– Few chorizo slices
– 8-10 cherry tomatoes
– 6-8 quail eggs
– Salt, pepper to taste
1. Mix prawns with chopped garlic, seaweed sprinkle and olive oil, leave to marinade for 20-30 minutes (while you are preparing the rest of the ingredients)
2. For grilled asparagus: preheat oven ~180C. (Alternatively use grill pan)
3. Lightly coat asparagus with olive oil, season with a touch of salt and pepper. Grill in the oven for 5-10 minutes OR grill for 5 minutes on each side if using grill pan.
4. Place quail eggs in a pot of boiled water for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the hob and cool down under cold running water immediately. Peel carefully!
5. Cut chorizo slices into fine strips, fry on a medium heat for few mins until golden and crispy.
6. Drain haricot beans and add to the pan.
7. Mix chorizo and beans on a medium heat for few minutes. Season with black pepper and chilli. Add salt to taste (if you feel it is needed)
8. Cut cherry tomatoes
9. Assemble the dish – place bean and chorizo mix in the middle of the plate. Add asparagus on top, then prawns. Cut quail eggs and place around the plate with cherry tomatoes. Saltbae the seafood sprinkle on top! Enjoy!
With a background in clinical nutrition and pharmaceutical sciences Jelena is a self-proclaimed foodie. She combines love and passion for cooking with unique skill of being able to create dishes that taste great and are of a high nutritional value, making sure you eat the best when you do.
Her kitchen is the food lab full of soul and passion where she happily spends hours experimenting. Her recipe collection is like a treasure chest that has something for each and every one.