Watch: Garlic & Lemon Corn Fed Chicken Recipe by Neven Maguire for Simply Better
Neven Maguire created this Garlic & Lemon Corn Fed Chicken Recipe with Rocket and Green Beans using Fresh Irish Corn Fed Chicken Supremes from the Simply Better range, sourced exclusively for Dunnes Stores.
The recipe features in the first ever edition of the Simply Better COOK with Neven Maguire Magazine, which is bursting with a range of Neven’s favourite summer recipes that take advantage of the best ingredients from the award winning Simply Better collection.
Pick up a free copy at your nearest Dunnes Stores to check out the full range of recipes and share your recreations using the hashtag #COOKwithNeven.
– 4 x Simply Better Fresh Irish Corn Fed Chicken Supremes
– 3 tbsp Simply Better Cold Pressed Irish Rapeseed Oil
– 4 shallots, peeled and halved
– 2 large garlic bulbs, peeled and halved
– 1 lemon, cut in half lengthways and sliced
– 4 fresh thyme sprigs
– Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
– Lightly dressed rocket and green beans, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F / Gas Mark 4).
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the rapeseed oil in a non-stick frying pan over a low heat. Add the shallots and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes until they begin to catch some colour. Transfer to a small roasting tin.
3. Increase the heat under the frying pan to high, add another tablespoon of the oil and quickly seal the chicken supremes for 2 minutes on each side, until browned. Transfer the chicken supremes to the small roasting tin, tucking them around the shallots and garlic, then tuck in the lemon slices and thyme sprigs. Season with salt and pepper, then drizzle over the remaining tablespoon of the rapeseed oil. Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the chicken supremes are cooked through.
4. Remove the chicken from the oven and cover loosely with foil for 5 minutes to allow the chicken to rest, then serve straight to the table with the rocket and green beans.